Sunday, March 10, 2013

Week 13/16


Week 13/16:


CF at least 1-3x this week - you may begin to drop your CF volume by one or two sessions (from three) if recovery isn't there

Interval 1: 4x1 mile slightly faster than race pace (~10%) with slow jog between efforts - should be thoroughly warmed up before beginning

Half Stamina 1: 5 miles at a conversational pace - quiet, quick feet

Full Stamina 1: 10 miles at a conversational pace - quiet, quick feet

Half Stamina 2: 12 miles at a conversational pace - quiet, quick feet

Full Stamina 2: 20 miles at a conversational pace - quiet, quick feet

Taper begins next week.  Obviously, one interval has already dropped out replaced by a stamina run.  Eat hearty!

14 comments:

  1. ....for in a month we dine in Hell! (Just finishing out the blog for you.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. For the first interval, how long should the slow job between efforts be?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Becky, I asked him the same question earlier and he said the jog is "as needed".

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think Grant got confused when we asked for this program....i thought we were training for the Knoxville race....not the Anchorage race!

    It was frigid out there on that 5 miler....44:27

    ReplyDelete
  5. It pains me to report that my registration has been dropped down to the HALF. I am able to run pain free this week, but I fear it's too late to try and cram for the FULL. Disappointed, but I think it's best.

    I will continue training for the HALF. I have only completed one HALF, in 2010. Time was 2:07. Last year, the first half of the FULL I ran 1:56. My goal will be to beat 1:50.

    ReplyDelete
  6. As a rookie, I can tell you I learned today there is a big difference between running 10 miles (my previous PR) and 12 miles. Despite the 13.2 soreness, I'm glad we did it so I know what to expect

    12 mi: 1:52.52

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If the weather aligns, I wonder if you can go sub 2:00 on your first ever half, Jim!?

      Delete
    2. 12 in 1:52...

      I'm predicting 13.1 in 1:57.

      Delete
  7. Jim is going to kill this thing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, guys! If I can come in sub 2 hours, I'd be thrilled.

    ReplyDelete