Sunday, March 3, 2013

Week 12/16


Week 12/16:


CF at least 1-3x this week - you may begin to drop your CF volume by one or two sessions (from three) if recovery isn't there

Interval 1:3 miles alternating with 400m easy jog and 400m faster than race pace – should be thoroughly warmed up before beginning, use a track preferably 

Interval 2: 8x800m with 1:1 work:rest ratio – should be thoroughly warmed up before beginning, each interval should be fast but at a pace you can hold for all eight runs

Half Stamina: 10 miles at a conversational pace - quiet, quick feet

Full Stamina: 17 miles at a conversational pace - quiet, quick feet

***Run your track work this week going the opposite way you typically run on the track.

3 comments:

  1. Not sure if this was the smartest move on the eve of 13.1 but we shall see

    8x800

    1. 3:34
    2. 3:47
    3. 3:38
    4. 3:48
    5. 3:40
    6. 3:43
    7. 3:42
    8. 3:46

    ReplyDelete
  2. Think the legs had some 13.1 residual in them this morning...it's either that or the fact I've been adding more hills into the route.

    10 mi = 1:32

    I'm happy with the time because I think I have a legitimate shot to meet my goal of 2 hrs to complete the entire half marathon.

    Question though, Grant. Would you advise doing the long runs mid-week, before the Open workouts? and them maybe doing interval or something over the weekend? I realize this could be a moot point because we probably don't have many more long runs left, but I thought I'd ask nonetheless.

    ReplyDelete