Sunday, March 24, 2013

Week 15/16


Week 15/16:


CF at least 1-3x this week - you may begin to drop your CF volume by one or two sessions (from three) if recovery isn't there

Interval 1: 4x800m with 1:1 work to rest ratio, should be thoroughly warmed up before beginning

Half stamina 1: 3 miles at conversational pace - quiet, quick feet

Full Stamina 1: 5 miles at a conversational pace - quiet, quick feet

Half Stamina 2: 5 miles at a conversational pace - quiet, quick feet

Full Stamina 2: 8 miles at a conversational pace - quiet, quick feet

Now the itch is noticeable.  You should be getting fired up to run your race!  ***Remember to lower calorie intake as training volume decreases.  Fuel enough for recovery and to maintain lean body mass.  

4 comments:

  1. You know me Grant. I'm all about the lean body mass.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grant,

    If by "itch" you were meaning that I'd finish 6.2 miles today and think, "damn...I'm really sick of training. I wish I could just run the other 7 miles and get this thing finished,"......then you nailed it with me!

    6.2 mi - 55:31

    ReplyDelete